Monday, January 05, 2004
The Life of a single Girl

Maybe I lead a funny life, maybe I interpret things in a funny way. In any event... here are the stories of the single girl.... tips on picking up in the grocery store, or at work, or anywhere....

So the other day I'm in the best grocery store of all times -- Petes Frootique... they specialize in fruit and veggies. You can get a lot of great produce there, so i'm shopping for a pineapple. Any of you who have ever shopped for fruit and veggies with me know that it's a bit of a process, there are many little tests that must be done as to ensure that you're getting produce of exceptional quality. So I'm totally oblivious to the rest of the world and I'm checking out the pineapples. All of a sudden, this deep manly man voice comes up from behind me and says 'wow, you really know what you're doing' (now there is a pickup line I haven't heard before). I laugh. So then he asks me what I'm looking for and how do you know you're getting a good pineapple. He confesses that he usually just picks up the first one his hand hits (tsk tsk). So I give him the rundown on a good pineapple... colour, texture, smell, the way the bottom is supposed to look. He shows me a few to make sure he's got the technique down. Then he asks me if I do this for all the fruits and veggies, I laugh, say yes and then profess that I am, in fact, a fruit and veggie pseudo connoisseur/nerd. True Story. then we joke about me contracting out services to choose fruit and veggies....lol, I'll need a booking agent. Isn't that kind of like a pimp? okay, lets not go there. Anyhoo, so that is the story of the pineapple boy.... oh the hilarity. Maybe he's wishing he had given me a number or I had given him his. maybe he'll put an ad in a newspaper that will say, we met shopping for pineapple... you picked me the best pineapple I've ever had... will you marry me? Okay, this is getting out of hand... funny stuff. And for the record, there were no sparks between the two of us, it was just some harmless shopping for fruit.


Next story: The Baklava Marriage Proposal -- the abridged version

Made some baklava, took it to work... a Doctor asked if i was married, i said no, he said me either. I turned bright red. The nurses asked if they could play matchmaker. I laughed and thankfully the phone rang... it's my job to answer it.



And finally: Mullet boy
So i was hanging out with a friend of mine in a small little village where there really isn't much to do. We were hanging out with some of her friends one night. Her freind took quite the liking to me... funny stuff. Anyhoo, i was talking to her the other day, and apparently he is still quite fond of me... lol. He's about 40 and has a mullet. There is really nothing more to be said here. Well. he has a daughter, i'm closer to her in age than i am to him. How creepy is that.... blech. Funny stuff though.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer