Wednesday, December 29, 2004
A life less ordinary
I have a fabulous circle of friends. Yep I do. That's what I realized this week. Christmas was great. I had to work Christmas so I wasn't going home. I had Christmas eve with Gregg and his family. We went to Church then we went home to play cards and eat sundaes. Gregg then took me to work (and tried about 3 or 4 Tim's to see if they were open-- they weren't). Work was a good shift. There were even presents for us from Santa! On Christmas day, when i got up i made a casserole and then Marti came and picked me up. I had a very tasty Christmas Dinner with Marit and her roommate Ana. After dinner we played cards and then Marti took me to work. The next day I had to be back at work for the 3-11 after getting off at 7 that morning. Went back to work, there was no one scheduled to come in after me so i was worried because I would normally have to stay. I called someone who was marked off on the schedule becuase no one else could come to work... so after a bit of begging and me explaining the situation Sylvie came in to save the day. I was scheduled to fly to Toronto the next morning at 11:00 am... working to 7 would have sucked. I was lucky, Sylvie came to work so i didn't have to stay...then the blizzard.

It was snowing when I left work. It was snowing when i went to bed. We knew the degree of severity of the storm. I knew i was going no where. Sure enough, the next day, no flights were going in or out of Halifax.

So there was nothing to do but wait. I went to Marti and Ana's . It was the expected adventure of trying to dig out Marti's cab. Good times indeed. So sore the next day from pushing cars in the snow.... don't worry, I'm STRONG, Like Bull!
Anyhoo, i started this post days ago, and with the kurfuffle when i finally got home, never got to finish. It's done. Like dinner. True Story.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer