Friday, January 28, 2005
It's a good thing it was extra clumping
Well, at the risk of humiliating and embarrasing myself, I figure you all could use a good laugh.

This morning, I decided to clean out the cats' litter box before heading out. After it's done I just left it by the front door with the intention of taking it out an hour or so later when i was heading out. I also had another box of garbage to carry down the stairs to throw out. So, I'm on my way to the hairdressers, purse over my arm, garbage bag in one hand, garbage box in the ohter. Cat litter is heavy. I end up dropping it, and dragging it on a few of the steps. Well before I know it, the bag has actually ripped, leaving a lovely trail of cat litter down the stairs. Crap (literally). So I run back upstairs, grab a broom and start sweeping up as much as i can.... it's a good thing we use extra clumping. And to make matters worse, in the midst of cleaning up, some of our neighbours came home. We just exchanged hellos in the hallway... no questions, no explanations. I cleaned up in a hurry so i didn't miss the bus. When i came back, I tried to use the dust buster to get some of the leftover, okay, a considerable amount of the left over gravel. The dustbuster is out of batteries. I'll finish cleaning it up later.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracy Lowe... you should know by now it is never a really good idea to drag a garbage bag down a flight of stairs... especially one that is full of such disgusting garbage!!!!! I mean honestly!!!! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?!?!?!?!?!
not funny stuff
hollymeister

Blogger Christie said...

The trick is to live in a first floor apt with a balcony...we just throw ours over the balcony...saves so much extra work!

Blogger Christie said...

Ok, so as not to cause confusion...my last comment should read "we just throw our garbage over the balcony" not from a litter box, just regular garbage!"

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer