Monday, August 15, 2005
First Day Jitters
Today was the first day of my new job.
It went quite swimmingly.
I was a little out of sorts because all of the footwear i felt like wearing was inappropriate due to the torrential downpour of Halifax. I finally settled on the red polka dot rainboots for walking, and Birks to change in to. No, I was not happy with this, it didn't fit the mood of today, but I figured I'd have to make it work.

So the job: AWESOME!
I have more responsibility than I realized. I think i"m going to like it. Essentially, I am the 'go-to' person for the IWK. The other two people in my office are the regional co-ordinator, who looks over all the sites (i think there are 9 across the province) , and the actual program leader.
The people I work with seem really great. Granted there are only three staff and some volunteers. They're open and receptive change. They want to give me ownership and allow me to develop the program. I'm excited.
Speaking of exciting, I also have my very own desk (except the new office furniture isn't here yet, but it's on it's way). They ordered me some basic office supplies and told me to feel free to look through the catalouge and order what i need. What i need!!!! I'm thinking paper trays, highlighters, pens... mine! all mine! And i have a phone. It has voicemail. I think I'll go practice sounding professional and recording a greeting.
I think I"m really going to like it there.


2 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

It's always fun to play office and feel like you are important. And hey, getting to work with a program to change and encourage and make it better...thats brilliance! Happy working!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome to hear tracy... really awesome... now... when are you going to hire that personal assistant and how many references do I have to give you?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer