Wednesday, August 03, 2005
Good morning, Sunshine
It was definatley a late afternoon kind of bench. The fact that I found myself there in the late morning sunshine felt like a kind of betrayal. It wasn't time for that Bench, I knew that. Clutching my morning coffee was a betrayal to a bench where I usually sit after work with an ice cream or bottle of water while enjoying the trail end of late afternoon sun. The tree that the Bench is under provides little shade from the bright rays that like to end the day on a happy note. At 5 pm, the Bench has full sun on it. At 11 am, it's adequately shaded.

I notice a difference in the park at this time of day. Just behind the Bench, a gardener is tending to the grass. The scantily clad tree provides him with enough shade as he grooms the grass and flowers to the perfection that at a glance could go unnoticed. I wonder if he knows that I notice.

I take my coffee, and keep walking. I'm looking for a bench with full sun on it. One meant for coffee drinking and people watching. I'm looking for a late morning kind of bench.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer