Monday, July 25, 2005
The Grape Escape!
Tonight, I went to the Superstore. But this isn't the usual story of the boy I'm infatuated with. Not even close this time. Except for the fact that I really didn't feel like seeing him today. I had that groggy post-nap look and feeling, the pink accents on my pants clashed with my red polka dot rainboots. Today's trip to the grocery store was for purely practical purposes. I was hungry.

As per usual at this time of day, there were no shopping baskets at the front entrance. A cart is far too excessive for my needs, so instead I decided just to carry everything in my hands and pick up a basket for it when I walked by the checkouts, on my usual route of surveying the premises. In my arms, I was carrying, Grapes, Okra, a containter of TVP, some onions and some bananas. I should of taken the basket first. I find a very accessible basket, and as I bend down to pick it up, the Grapes escape. Not sure what to do, and looking for the way of salvaging what is left of my pride and my juggling skills, I quickly pick up the large bunches of the grapes and return them to their bag. The rest of them were EVERYWHERE. Grapes were on sale, i was buying about 2 pounds. I think i must have lost one pound on the floor. They went in various directions.

Now my grapes are contaminated by the floor of the Superstore.... GROSS. But I don't want to put them back. What if someone who doesn't wash their grapes comes along, and buys that very bunch that i dropped. Or what if someone tastes one to see if they're good before they buy them. Not wanting to inflict that upon everyone, I bought them.

As I write this, my grapes are soaking in a solution of Green Apple Dish Soap and warm water. I'm gonna leave them there for a while. A long while.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I should have read your bolg before stealing your grapes!

-Roomie Meg :D

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer