Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Today
Today: A Trilogy in Five Parts

Never send a vegetairan to buy meat.

Today I had to find some lamb at the Superstore, it wasn't pretty. I went to the back wall near the butcher counter, and sure enough, there was a section that said "Lamb/Veal". The first thing that popped into my head was a quote from Sex in the City: "You're ditching me for a piece of unethical meat?" No worries, task at hand: Purchase 2 pounds of ground lamb. I see Ground Chicken, Turkey and Pork, but no lamb. After staring befuddedly, I figured I should ask someone.
"I'll use a lifeline please, Regis. I'd like to phone a friend."
Gregg picked up after one ring. The million dollar question: Is pork the same as lamb?
"Lamb is actually from a lamb, pork is a pig". Good point , I'll ask the butcher where to find gound lamb. It's a little to the left of the pork, I only noticed it after he pointed it out. Good thing I didn't ask him if Lamb was the same as Pork.

The Rebound Crush

It's been over a month since I've seen him. I'd tell you how I know that, but you don't need to know. Or do you?
I'm fine with it though. Except now I endure all sorts of teasing when I go to the Superstore. And now it just has practical value. And you know what i realized? I think he was a rebound crush. I'm officially infatuation free now. Footloose and Fancy Free.

Caution: Culinary Goddess at Work

The rings are the first thing to go. Next it's the watch and any of the other appedages adorning the upper half of the body. Hair is pulled tightly into a ponytail. Clothes are changed. Tank top to withstand the heat. Pants are either pajama or Yoga. Nothing that gets worn out of the house often and certainly nothing that would be a great catastrope if stained. Feet are bare. Maybe in some sort of slipper/sandal. Maybe, but certainly not likely. Next step: all outstanding dishes washed. Sinks and counters disinfected, Stove top too. Next step, inventory check and a quick process map of the evening to follow. Vegetable prep first, quick and not so messy. Fresh herbs everywhere, savoury spices infiltrating the air. Meat dishes last. Everything ready to go. Sits and waits anxiously for tomorrow -- the day of cooking. All food longing, for the day of consumption.

Knock, Knock, Knockin' On My Door

I'm up to my elbows in Ground Lamb. Rolled vineleaves to my left, meat to my right, and hereI was stuck in the middle with the empty plate i roll them on. The pounding on my door sounds all to familiar and friendly for it just to be ignored. I check the Peep hole, and all I see is a strange eye looking back at me. Greggory King. I ask him if it's him. Tracy Lowe! Let me in. I open the door. He's here for an adventure. I'm game. You put anything that has meat in the fridge. I'll wash up and change. Done. 3 minutes later, we're adventure bound.

Welcome to the End of the Universes

Only clean up left. Cucumbers marinating for the Cucumber/Yogurt Salad. Lamb Vineleaves, stuffed, and flavoured with fresh mint, parsely and cinnamon. Parsely chopped for the tabouli salad. Fresh lemons are on standby, as is the tomato and cucumbers. Two worlds will collide tomorrow. And we will never tear them apart. But tonight, my fridge is a restaurant. At the end of the Universe.







3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*is officially jealous*

Blogger Tracy said...

I would be happy to cook some of this for both of you any day. I love cooking for other people! Name the time and place, I'll be there

Blogger Tracy said...

Woah, I'm gonna need a little more notice than that. And the best thing about my cooking is, I only tell you how much the groceries cost. The rest is up to you. I just do this for fun.

I love the name cater-grrrl -- I'm so going to use that. I'll have to cut you a cheque for the royalities.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer