Saturday, March 25, 2006
Ottawa!
A somewhat sleepier than usual version of me boarded a plane on Friday afternoon. With the last of the last minute errands complete, I made it to the airport and checked in about 20 minutes later than they would have liked me to. Funny enough it was perfect. There was just enough time to check in, clear security, get a Starbucks Latte and board the plane. There was not a bit of sitting and waiting in there.

Interestingly enough, even Starbucks felt like Ontario. As she asked where I was headed, she interpreted Ottawa to mean I was going to Toronto. "Where in Toronto are you going?"

"I'm not -- I'm going to Ottawa".
Small talk, small talk, small talk. Grande Latte firm in my hands.
"Have a great time in Toronto".

But really, when i've got a Starbucks Latte, I'm a happy girl. And I don't care if they don't know where to find me. I'm right where I want to be this weekend


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect start. Hope you're having a blast :D

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have come to Toronto... It was a sign... you should have listened!!! I can't believe you are going to be less than five hours away from me and I'm still alone.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer