Sunday, March 05, 2006
Jewels

I stumbled into Jewelry class about 15 minutes late.  I picked up my tool box on the way into the studio, parked myself at my usual bench, and sat.  I looked at the box bewilderedly.  I sat and tried to collect my thoughts.

“No coffee this morning, Tracy?”

I grumbled as much of a response as I could muster.

The fact that I didn’t have a coffee was kind of a sore spot.  Despite the fact that I was late, I did stop at the usual coffee shop on the way in.  The line was long, and after waiting for about 5 minutes in a line that went no where (big downside to fancy coffee shops that also cook breakfast), I decided it wasn’t worth my while.  So I left, and went to class empty handed.

“Let’s grab a coffee after class – my treat.  I could use one too”.  The look on his face showed frustration as he mulled over the 4 mm stone he was setting in a ring .

The invitation surprised me.  But it was coffee and it was morning—how could I say ‘no’.  I also knew that after three hours of fine detailed jewelry making, a coffee would be long overdue.

Workbenches cleaned and swept. Projects secured in toolboxes.  Toolboxes in the cupboard.  And off we went.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer