Sunday, February 19, 2006
Swept Away
Sweep, sweep, sweep!

Oh, I was sweeping alright. Actually, it wasn't so arlight, I don't make a good sweeper. Not in the kitchen, not on the curling ice either.

It was the last rock of the game, I followed it closely. I ran alongside next to it. Until finally, i was flat on my bum, and in so much pain, I was temporarily (speechless). The game kind of stopped, as everyone waited to see how I could recover. Not wanting to show true anguish, I did the unthinkable for someone who could hardly move. I stayed exactly where I was and yelled Sweep! The other team already had one player sweeping for us since we were a player short. Another extra player from thier team joined in. But we overshot and lost the rock anyway.

By the time I got to work, I was walking gingerly-- very gingerly. Getting in and out of my chair is proving to be a problem. Although, thanks to the medicine cabinet here in Emerg, I am able to move around, just not swiftly.

My first curling experience was a lot of fun. I didn't even know how the game was played until tonight. And who knows, once i'm able to walk normally again, I might even venture to trying again.

Right now though, I need a little bed rest, and a lot of pain killers.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe Tracy Lowe running on ice... what could possibly go wrong there?! oh wait!!!

the ice bit my bottom.. now my bottom's big

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, you need a bum rub! I know I am nurse but don't look at me!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer