Wednesday, March 29, 2006
You've Got Mail!
Usually, I send emails to avoid talking to people.  Not that I want to avoid them—it’s often just easier to say what needs to be said, and do what needs to be done, over email.  I like the trail it leaves behind in my in and out box.  I can’t be accountable for what I say in person – I’m much too forgetful for that.

This morning, I received a call from someone who had misplaced my email address.  The tone of her voice was frantic as she said, “I’ve been searching for it for days”.  

Now, at this point, I would think she was also looking for me urgently.  Or if not so urgently, that there was something that she wanted to address.  I gave her my email address and waited patiently for her to explain the nature of the email she was about to send me.  

Instead, she wrote down my email address, wished me a good day and ended the call.  No explanation of the matter for which she urgently needed to email me.  

I guess I’ll just wait for the info to appear in my inbox.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer