Sunday, June 04, 2006
Feet First
I had the feeling that someone was watching me.  I spun my office chair around, and sure enough, my boss was standing in the doorframe.  

We exchanged morning pleasantries and then she explained what really drew her out of her office.  She had ventured out to see what shoes I had decided to wear to work that day.  
Apparently, she had been impressed with the weekly rotation of shoes and wanted to see what else I had in store.

I laughed.  It was a rainy day.  I had walked to work in Red rubber boots with white polka dots.  When I got to work, I switched to navy blue Birkenstocks with the funky beige pattern.  I opted for those, because they were already at work in my desk drawer.  They weren’t my first choice for the day, but they were easy and comfortable.

So now the week starts again.  I haven’t done any of the usual planning ahead of the footwear for the week.  And now that I know someone is watching, I’m under even a little more pressure.  But I know one thing, with the right shoes I’m able to put my best foot forward.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer