Friday, May 12, 2006
Senseless
I couldn’t figure out why the car stopped at the red light was honking at me.  I looked closely, then realized, that I did not know the people in it.  They honked again and flailed their arms in attempt to gain my attention.  They then made a pointing gesture and I looked to see the Five dollar bill that was in my pocket was now twirling across Robie Street.  Without thinking, and I seriously mean without, I did what ‘seemed’ logical – I ran after it.

As per usual, I had my Ipod turned up way to loud.  Combine that with noise canceling headphones and I am a little shorter on senses than I should be.  And if you don’t have any sense, let alone common sense, darting out onto Robie Street is something you do without a second thought.

Two steps off the sidewalk though, as the bill blew a few feet further away, I realized.  I looked to the left and noticed a car headed in my direction. Thankfully, at this point I had enough time to return safely to the sidewalk.  I kept my eye on my money, and was soon enough able to run and catch it – safely.

I thanked my lucky stars, and the guardian angel who has saved me from disaster on more than one occasion and carefully pocketed the money and continued the quest to the Starbucks.

To add insult to almost injury, on the way back from the Starbucks, I spilled coffee on my coat, and my ipod.  Thankfully, I missed the seatbelt bag!

By the time I got back to work I vowed to start re-thinking the necessity of fieldtrips from work.  Or if nothing else, to start paying a little more attention.  It all reminds me of a bad joke:

Why did the Tracy cross the road?

Because her Starbucks money flew out of her pocket and started to get away! Yikes!


1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

My Little Tracy, what am I going to do with you!?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer