Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Coffee Time
I wonder if this will change things in the morning.

More often than not, we pass each other on the street Monday through Friday at roughly 9:45.  I’m always on my way to work.  She is always walking in the opposite direction.  And always, carrying 4 Tim Horton Coffees.  I wonder, where is she going, and who are all those coffees for?

Whether walking hurriedly while bundled in scarves and mittens, or strolling on a sunny day, or frantically trying to avoid the rain, we always smile and exchange morning pleasantries.

I don’t quite understand it, only because the Tim Hortons closest to where we usually meet is about 7 minutes away.  There isn’t much in the stretch where we usually meet, which makes me wonder where is she going with that many coffees.  And as far as I can tell, there is a closer Tims.  Why the loyalty to the one she has been going to?  Why carry that many coffees, that many blocks?

The Starbucks opened today.  This afternoon, I stopped in for my coffee.  Heaven.
Will this change her morning routine?  I’ll keep you posted.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer