Friday, May 26, 2006
Birds and the Bees
“Are you here to hurt my new baby?”  

His four year old voice was laden with concern and the intention to protect his new baby sister.  He spoke to me very matter of factly.  I knew I had to state my intention immediately.

“Nope, I have a present for your new baby”.  I showed him the bag of books I had carried into the room.

This seemed to please him.  We talked together about books, and what his new baby was seeing and hearing.  He seemed to like the books and the idea of reading with his baby sister.  I knew things were going a different way when he climbed up on the bed, lifted the blanket off of his mom’s belly.  He patted it gently and affectionately.

“You know what?” He interrupted in a tone that suggested I had better listen.
“The baby was in Mommy’s tummy, and then it just popped out her vagina!”



He said it with such enthusiasm and pride.
His parents were mortified. I just laughed. because kids really do tell it like it is.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer