Sunday, March 18, 2007
Yoga -- You Go!
I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to walk up the hill... or rather, attempt to. It glistened with ice from the overnight storm. Everything glistened with ice.

I took two steps and started to slide backwards. I tried lifting my right foot again, but the left one still slipped. I tried lifting the left foot, but the right foot had no traction and it too, started to slip. I had to think on my feet (literally!).

I firmly planted my right foot behind me, my left foot in front of me, and slightly off to the side. I stood tall and balanced the weight between both my feet, allowing my weight to be distributed over the arches of my feet. I felt tall, I felt strong. I stood tall, and I stood strong. And that's when I realized: this was the same pose we did in yoga class the day before. I briefly considered moving deeper into the pose by adding some arm actions.... but then remembered that survival was my goal at the moment.

Who knew that I would be practicing yoga outside at 6:30 on a Saturday morning.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knew that yoga could be a lifesaver?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer