Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Chivalry
I took the bag that contained her skates. I draped it over one shoulder and secured my own bag on the other shoulder.

The bus was full, and unfortunately, there were no empty seats to be found. I pointed out a bar that she could hold on to. The overhead bar was much too high for my 8 year old friend. I gave her a quick lesson on how to hold on and brace herself so she would be steady on the bus ride. I offered to stand behind her -- just in case.

She looked at me nervously, as I reassured her that she would be okay.

And then, a young boy, who couldn't have been more than 12 years old stood up from his seat. He looked at her, and said, here, you can sit down. He said he travels the bus often and is perfectly comfortable.

She looked at him shyly. I smiled and thanked him. And then i thought to myself, that has got to be one of the sweetest things I've ever seen.


2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Awe, that was a very nice thing for that kid to do!

Blogger caramaena said...

Aww that's just lovely.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer