Wednesday, January 14, 2004
Ola! I have been reprimanded for not writing! My Word!! or i guess words in this case. Bad joke (insert image of Tracy being pelted with rotten fruit here. Please note this is an image only, this is not permission.)

Wow, where to begin. There have been thoughts floating in my head since Friday. Friday is a good place to begin...
so i'm in class Friday afternoon, and the prof wants us to introduce ourselves and state something about ourselves-- especially if we have any skydiving habits or anything.... funny stuff. She asks the first few people if they do, they all answer no. Then it is my turn... Hi, I'm Tracy.... I do actually like skydiving... the class gasps. After we talk about that for a bit, the prof asks if i have any other extreme habits... i laugh and admit that i enjoy polar bear dipping. Again, gasps and smiles. At least they will remember me. So it dawned on me that everyone would say, i do this.... and in my free time i like to do this....

"Free at last! thank God All Mighty I'm Free at Last"

so what i'm thinking is what does it mean to have Free time? Free has many meanings... free as in liberated. But is time ever free time? I propose that there is always something else you could be doing. If there is always something you could be doing, then that is an obligation. If you are free, you are exempted from obligation. And although you may not be obliged to do certain things, the truth of the matter is they still have to be done. In order to be done, you need to offer them some time. If you're giving them time, then your time is not free. it is occupied. I think Free time should be referred to as time off.
The other point i wanted to make about free time is that it implies it belongs to someone or something else. If someone gives you something for free, you do not have to pay for it. If time is 'free' you are given it, it is a gift. So Free time does exist, but it is always present. All of our time is free time-- we just choose or are obligated to occupy it with other responsibilities. We did nothing to deserve this -- time is a gift. We are fortunate.
Here's to rocking in the free world!!!

We interrupt today's programming to bring you this special report.
Reflections on being the infamous Tracy Lowe....
I will admit, i was afraid at first. Apparently my reputation occasionally precedes me, but in defense of me, take what you hear about me with a grain of salt. If it's bad... well, i'm sure i can justify it. And if it was stupid, funny, insulting, clever, witty, or even stunning, just remember that people (myself included) stretch the truth and add a shade of pink... we all know the world could use a little more pink :)
So I got a letter in the mail from my Grandfather today.... FAMILY. He starts his letter with saying "How are you TRACY LOWE". Funny stuff. I am the only Tracy in my family.
In class the other day, the prof was taking attendance... there are multiple Johns, Derricks and who knows what else, but she always just says their first name.... when she goes to call on me, TRACY LOWE! True story....
People who don't know me, people who do, and people who are related to me, they all call me Tracy Lowe... and you know what? I like it. I am the infamous Tracy Lowe (A wonderful nickname given to me by my favourite stupid dumb f**k of a friend). So since i like my name, and everyone else does too, i've decided that i should never change it. So if you're out there, reading this and you're hoping to marry me, please be advised that I may not be willing to change my last name. We can discuss this over coffee. If you wish to profess your undying love for me, please be advised that i'm quite open. Cookies and love letters in the mailbox are always a good start, but bonus points will be given for originality.
Please keep all sarcastic remarks inside your head. Please keep all arms, legs and feet inside the car at all times and enjoy the rest of your stay here in Tracy Lowe's wonderland.

Over and Out kids!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer