Monday, March 22, 2004
greetings loyal procrastinators. I figured, if anyone is as procrastination oriented as myself, that they will be checking my blog a couple times of day just as a quick method of procrastination. I do, I know you do to. don't try to deny it. And now you're thinking, finally, tracy got her little butt in gear and wrote a new blog. Happy Day!
So lets think... I kept coming up with great ideas of stuff to blog about. one struck me last friday but I hadn't really gotten around to it yet. So here it is... the Sex trade blog.
It all started because someone in one of my classes is doing a presentation and essay on the sex trade in Thailand. And then this got me thinking....trade in this case carries a double meaning-- as a profession, but also an exchange. Ignore the exchange part of the meaning, and focus on a trade as a profession. People go to trade schools in order to learn a career ( I don't think prostitutes go to a special school, I think they just pick it up along the way...umm, I don't really know though). so now we've given prostitution an acceptable job title... I work in sales. really, that's fascinating. I work in the sex trade. imagine if conversations went something like that. Wierd eh? but here we go again, labelling to make something more socially acceptable. Anyway, i'm tired so i'm losing a train of thought, i actually think it just crashed. But what i found funny about the 'sex trade' is the way it is labelled and the underlying representation of that label.
I was keeping a list of other funny ones, but i forgot. oops.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer