Tuesday, March 16, 2004
Walking in a winter not-so-wonderland
As winter winds down, i'm realizing, how much i love it. I don't know what it is about walking at night in the winter... something about the cool air. I love coming in from outside and smelling like it. It's great. I love the crispness and the clearness. Walking at night has always been enjoyable, but in the winter, even more so-- as long as it isn't bitterly cold. The city looks and feels like a totally different place at night. I wonder if summer will be the same?
I love the pensiveness, and contemplatedness that ensues from walking late at night. The darkness is comforting like a blanket. For some reason, it makes it okay to talk about almost anything, it also makes silence comfortable.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer