Thursday, July 22, 2004
A "halifax adventure"
Well, tonight was an adventure indeed. I went out for a drink with Leah and her mom. On our way down Spring Garden Rd. I stopped at the Royal Bank. Just outside of the bank, on a bench, was a cell phone, with no owner in sight. I thought for a minute about what to do. My superhero side took over (thankfully), and i realized the best thing to do was to take the phone, find a number of someone to call, and hopefully get the phone back to it's owner. I looked throught the address book to see if the owner had an entry called 'home', he didn't. I did find a number for his Dad. So I called his dad, and very akwardly, i explained myself. At first , "dad' was confused, but then within seconds it switched to immeadiate gratefulness. He was shocked that i had found the phone and i wanted to make sure that it wasn't lost. I gave him my cell number, and my home number and asked him to get his son to call me so i could give back the cell phone. I will now wait for him to call me.
So feeling better about the world, Leah's Mom and I continued downtown to meet Leah at the Old Triangle... we had a drink, stayed for a bit of music and then left for O'carrols. They were closed (it was 12ish, maybe later)... so off we went to the Split Crow. Hair of the Dog was playing at the Crow... my old fiddle teacher is coincidently the fiddler in that band. They're fantastic, always a good time... so i chatted a bit with Anthony after the show... and then off we went to find some food. Unfortunately, its now after 1:00 am, and the only choices are the Apple Barrel, pizza corneer, and thankfully, Maxwells Plum.
Had me some fish and chips... good night indeed. 3 pubs, 2 beer, 1 cell phone.... 0 regrets.
Over and out


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer