Monday, June 21, 2004
Happy Father's Day
Hey all
so today was father's day... I called my dad this evening to wish him a Happy Father's Day. At first, he was happy to hear from me. He tells me thank you for the Card (Nadia picked it up) and then proceeds to ask me if I have talked to Christie (the sister in Japan). Now, it's not unusual for him to ask me if I'm in touch with her. I haven't really talked to her all week. So I tell this to Dad, and he tells me I should make more of an effort to keep in touch with her. Christie didn't call Dad for Father's Day, or sign her name on the card... because Poor Christie, all the way in Japan wouldn't have known it was Fathers Day. Apparently, (and if anyone has such bold expectations of me, I'm requesting advance notice,) I should have emailed Christie this week to tell her it was Father's Day. Pardon me. How could I have forgotten. Poor Christie. Poor Christie, Poor Christie... that's all Dad could think. Bad sister Tracy... bad sister Tracy... bad sister Tracy...that's all he bothered to imply.
So that's fine... he goes on about that for a bit... as he does with everything else.

So I guess that set the tone for the conversation, because the most of the rest of it was all disapproval from anything that may have even made me the least bit happy this week.

And while I'm in the rut of rant, let me just ask if I give off the impression that I can't take care of myself or heaven forbid, make my own decision. Okay, I know decisiveness is not a strong suit of mine, but occasionally I do make my own decisions, while other times I seek approval before commitment. Point in matter is that if I make mistakes, I need to learn from them.

I think I'd be better off if I let someone else run my life. I seem to be letting people down right, left and centre. So if you think you could do a better job of being me, please post a brief statement of why you think you are the best candidate. Please quote position #001-Tracy in your response. Winners will be posted at the end of the week. Thank you and good luck.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracy Lowe *hugs* I think that you are doing a great job being you! And, if someone besides you wins this contest I am only living with the real Tracy Lowe next year because she is my favorite Tracy Lowe in the whole world!
~Megs

Blogger Jenn said...

I don't think you're too indecisive. You just like to hear opinions and input before you make a decision. Is that a bad thing? You can make decisions when it counts, and it seems to have turned out ok for all the ones you've made so far.

PS. I'm not running for Tracy, because I think I'd die from exhaustion after the first 15 minutes in "office". O_O

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you get several takers to run your life, can I have the runner up? Maybe they'll do a better job with my life than I've been doing....
Pete
p.s. *hugs*

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer