Monday, July 11, 2005
Safe Haven of Sleepless
Do you ever look at the time and imagine what you'll be doing 12 hours from now? Twelve hours is my favouirte to calculate because of the simplicity. Even I am capable of switching AM to PM and vice versa.

Twelve hours from now, I will be thinking, in 50 mins, I can go home, take a nap, go for a jog and do some beading. And maybe even take a trip down to the craft store.

Unfortunately, 4 hours and 50 minutes from now, I am expected to breeze through the doors of Health Records, bright eyed, bushy tailed and ready to work. I'm not sure that in that short of time that I'll be ready. Fingers crossed.

Now I know what you're thinking, Why on God's Green Earth is Tracy writing a blog at this hour of the day. Simple. Insomnia strikes. I stayed in bed for the regulation hour before I thought I would get up, eat some peanut butter toast and OJ (if you can't sleep... why not eat breakfast?) and now write a blog. Just be glad that even I have enough common sense to know that now is not an appropriate time to bead a new necklace or earring set, practice knitting or even wash the dishes.

hmm, 4 hours and 45 mins. Thank God for Tim Hortons. Or maybe I'll find some Gummy Bears.

Tracy sings quietly ** Two thirty in the morning, gas tank will be empty soon, neon sign on the horizon, rubbing elbows with the moon, safe haven of sleepless where the deep fryer is always on and the radio is counting down the top 20 country songs....**


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH BEADing... for some reason I read BLEEDing... I was worried for a minute there!... nothing to see here... move along :P

hollymeister

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an interesting song, Tracy...

Blogger Tracy said...

I'd love to tell you I wrote it... but I didn't. It's an Ani Difranco song, Untouchable Face.

It always gets stuck in my head when i can't sleep. I love the "safe haven of sleepless".

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer