Wednesday, June 15, 2005
the mini guide to major happiness
Yum. Sea Salt and Lime. My new favourite flavour. I reach into the bag, but instead of crunchy goodness with a decent sprinkling of flavour, I feel something plastic, and cardboard like. Apparently, the Mini guide to Major happiness was waiting for me all along. Why didn't someone tell me sooner?

So here is the advice, from our good friends at Quaker, who boldly proclaim that there is "goodness inside".

"Character is doing what's right when no one is looking. " (the red text highlighting the word looking is how it appears)

in slightly smaller print, it says :

"So if everyone is looking do whatever you want."


And that's it. That's the secret to major happiness. I agree that a defining part of character is to do what is right even for your own sake, not necessarily because someone will see you. It's the next part that gets me. The do whatever you want part. How very reflective of our "I want to be consequence free and do what i want to do culture".


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer