Sunday, September 18, 2005
The One
She stood on the podium as yards of champagne coloured lace and fabric draped around her feet.  I learned to carefully cross ribbon after ribbon. The attendant in the store watched and taught me the tricks of the trade.  I learned from her example, after all, it was me who would be doing this on the wedding day – not her.   I paid close attention as the ribbon passed through the eyelets.  The process was slow, but I wanted to make sure I had it just right.  It was worth every minute, and I’d gladly do it again a million times over.  I will be doing it again.

We had seen the dress on the hanger.  It was pretty.  We had seen the dress on another Bride- to- be. It was very pretty.  When we saw the dress on her, she looked so beautiful that it brought tears to our eyes and gave us goose bumps.  This is it.  We knew.  

It was the type of wedding dress I had always pictured Meghan in.  The right amount of classic elegance with a bit of a modern twist.  It was traditional, but not stale.  Decorated but not overwhelming.  Every bit of that dress complemented her.  The longer she stood in that dress, the longer we knew it was the right one for her.
She’s always been a pretty girl.  But I have never seen her look more stunning and radiant in any other dress.  And even with the itchy crinoline, I have never seen her look so comfortable, natural and at ease in any other dress.  Especially not any other wedding dress.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer