Tuesday, September 06, 2005
A Tracy Lowe Kind of Walk
A Tracy Lowe Kind of Walk


Our strides matched each other’s easily and unintentionally.  She liked the way her pony tail swung as she bobbed up and down.  I did too.  It made me laugh.  We laughed about it together.  We are wise, wise women.  We are giggling girls.
The conversation came to a natural pause.  The silence was broken by a single comment which caused us both to erupt into a fit of giggles.  She said “It’s been a long time since I walked Tracy Lowe pace.  I missed it”.

“Really, this is fast?  I thought I was slowing you down.”

“Nope, it’s perfect”.

About an hour earlier, there was an unexpected knock at my door.  The smile that greeted me is one I hadn’t seen since April.  The excitement of the end of the summer brings people back.  It felt like forever since I’d seen her.  Although now that we were walking Tracy Lowe speed down the street it felt like only yesterday.  


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*jealous*

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer