Saturday, September 10, 2005
Bussed A Move
The bus stopped and started more times than I really hoped it would. Ding. Stop. Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle.... someone gets off. Someone gets on.

Thankfully the Number 80 bus can get some decent speed on the highway. Of course, it all depends if you want it to or not.

I didn't pay much attention to the way she got off the bus. As far as I was concerned, she was just one more passenger. Her arms were laden with bags that reflected an afternoon at the mall. As she exits the bus, one of these bags catches in the door. This is the part I don't see.

The bus pulls away from the curb.

Heroically, a man leaps from his seat, starts hollaring at the bus driver to !!!!!!!!!STOP!!!!!!!!
He pounds on the door of the bus (which won't open because the bus is in motion). The poor girl is running along side of the bus -- holding on to her shopping indulgences for dear life.

The driver realizes the mistake immeadiatly. He stops the bus, the man pushes the door open and gives the girl her bag. The Driver takes extra care to check and make sure it's okay to start driving.
The bus pulls away, again. By now, I know I'm not the only one thinking, "Thank God that wasn't me."


1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I was getting off a bus once and it started to drive away when I was still half on! Literally, one foot on the ground, one on the step still. And the door was still open. Sheesh!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer