Thursday, March 30, 2006
Truth or Dare
Okay, truth.  It’s daring.

Today was a sunny day, and a warm day.  And I thought, and I knew, that it was not the day to mull, it was not the day to think things through.  So I diverted my thoughts to flip flops and peasant skirts.  I focused my energy on doing what needed to be done.

But it’s the end of the day.  And I’ve been out of energy since about 7 pm.  So I’ve spent the better part of the evening affixed to my couch.  I’ve spent the evening with my friends Ryan, Seth , Marissa and Summer, and Merideth, George, Christina, Izzy and Derek.  And after catching up on the last month of happenings in their lives, I’ve started to think through what needs thinking about my own life.

I said I felt fine about it.  And really, what choice did I have?  I played up the confidence – when inside there were red flags.  Optimism, yes – but that’s when the sun was out.  It was not the type of day that you waste away in a pity party.  That’s what after sunset is for.  And truthfully, since I stated that I dared to take that route, I did feel fine about things.

But I’ve been moping unnecessarily all evening, and it only just occurred to me that this might have something to do.  Sit here and continue worrying?  I don’t dare.



2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

My poor little Tracy.
I am sorry that I wasn't there to mop with you, or at least keeo you company while you were moping.

Blogger Robin said...

Ok. Sometimes I *totally* don't get your posts.

Today being a good example. I don't do oblique very well.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer