Saturday, April 01, 2006
The ring
We had perfected the plot over the course of the week.

It was so perfect, in fact, that I couldn’t even remind her that April Fools Day was near – I didn’t want her to think I was up to something. Naturally, I was.

For the better part of the week I have been giggling to myself about what has be one of the best jokes I’ve ever played on a person – I was plotting my engagement. Yesterday, I went to the store to purchase myself a fake, but reputable looking, engagement ring.

Megan was expected home at about 0700. She worked a night shift. I set my alarm for 0630 so I would be sure to wake up on time to fool her. As I came bounding out of my room, she apologized for waking me up. I told her I was up because I was waiting for her – I had news. It was then; I presented my sparkly ring on the ring finger of the left hand.

The look on her face was priceless – it was a mix of shock and disbelief. I kept going with the details of the romantic evening (dinner and a long walk on the waterfront), a long conversation about how we just know we’re meant for each other. I talked openly and freely, making up stories and details about the wedding plan – destination. No, we weren’t going to get married anytime soon – but why wait to get engaged. I had her convinced.

We talked, we laughed, we hugged, she went to bed. I on the other hand collapsed into my bed in a fit of giggles.

At about 2pm my cell phone rang: “Tracy Lowe, are you really engaged, or is this just an April Fools Day joke?”.

I laughed, she laughed. I got her, I got her good.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the best april fool's prank i've ever seen. nice work tracy :D

Blogger Megan said...

hehehe, she got me good, and it was funny. Revenge will be sweet!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer