Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Reform
Out of sheer boredom and insatiable restlessness, I decided to go shopping. Yesterday's yoga class left me with a hankering for a Yoga mat of my own and some new pants.

I went to Winners. The last time I was there they featured a veritable plethora of yoga mats. Different sizes, colours, and most importantly thickness levels. Today, they had 3. None of which were too my liking.

I looked for some pants, but having a very particular design in mind, I again, found nothing.

So I wandered the store. Purses, shoes, jewelry, tops, skirts and kitchen stuff. I found some stuff that I would like to own. So I carried it around with me. Then all of a sudden, the nagging little voice came into my head and reminded me that although the items I picked out were quite lovely and reasonably priced, I didn't need them. Sure, I could create a need for them. But really, it was just more stuff to take up more space and waste more money.

After I left Winners, I stopped at Shoppers Drug Mart for a minute. I got sucked into the makeup section. And the same thing happened. I looked at lovely new eyeshadows that I wanted to own. And lovely new blush. Then I remembered, I have a ton of makeup already. So I got what I went in for and left.

You should be proud of me. And if nothing else, my Visa balance thanks me. Besides, I'm busy scheming a vacation to Scotland at the moment. More to come on that later.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Good job! Thats my little shop smart Tracy Lowe!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer