Sunday, March 30, 2008
2 for the price of 1
I am not used to having Saturdays off. And this weekend, I found myself with no place to be until 6 pm on Saturday evening.

The conversation with the manfriend on Friday night, led me to understand that he was doing housework all day. Painting, hanging, installing and repairing. No, he did not want my help. He was busy. I got the hint. I'd just have to entertain myself all day.

I decided to call on Saturday and see if I could convince him to change his mind. No luck. I really would have to find something to do.

So I called, the alternative, the filler-inner. The friend I call when the manfriend is too busy to entertain me. There was no plan. I thought we'd kill time at Chapters. But first we had brunch, then ended up going shopping at Dartmouth Crossing. An afternoon well spent and well enjoyed.

At one point, I turned to GK and said, "It's a good thing you're around. You're kind of like a pseudo-boyfriend. A backup. Just in case."

And even though the pseudo-boyfriend doesn't get nearly the priveleges the manfriend gets, it's nice to have someone to hang around with on a Saturday afternoon. And thankfully, he was happy to oblige.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer