Saturday, February 07, 2004
Bonjourno Princepesa!! (he hee hee, now you're all princess' :D)

So i just re read my last blog ... and it's funny that i ended it with "just keep swimming"... now you're porbably thinking... that's not funny, she stole that from Finding Nemo... she's losing her marbles (sorry to tell you, but i don't think i had any to begin with), so anyhoo... swimming... i walked home from work this morning, i quite enjoy walking home in the morning.. the sleeping city has a stillness to it... anyhoo, it was just like swimming... my toes got very wet, for some reason last night i decided just to wear my sneakers... no boots... i felt like i was swimming home.. good times.
Well, let me think. Oh here is a good story... i think i found the carreer of my dreams! I was reading the Globe and Mail and there was an ad in the Carreer section... there is a company that wants brilliant Misfits!!!! OOOOHHH OOOHHH OOOOHH.... PICK ME!!!! I'm the Tracy you need! I think i'll write them a letter, they want letters only... no resumes. I'll be funny, witty and charming, and they'll love me! So all the way home i composed a letter in my head an conjured up a fantasy world in which they thought i was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Tracy goes from zero to hero just by writing one funny letter. I'm just kidding, i just checked it out, it's a motivational speaking company. Can you imagine? me? I'd be all akward, and nervous... I'm slightly disapointed though... i really thought i had something here. Oh well, i'll keep looking... just keep swimming, just keep swimming
I was also doing some thinking bout the Globe... as many of you know, it is my favourite newspaper, i'm not sure why... i hate politics, not a big fan of crazy business news, and i usually support finding out what happens in my own backyard before tackling national news. So i'm reading Canada's national newspaper, and it dawns on me... apparently Canada is Ontario. because i would say that about 95% of the content is a story with an Ontario focus. Since when did that province become so important? How does Ontario pull off that level of arrogance?
On another note.. there was this letter to the Editor in the paper about how giving education more money isn't the answer to a better education system... i agree. i think there are fundamental practices in the structure of schools that need to be fixed first. So anyhoo, the shcool is praising the Alberta school system, it makes reference to something which i don't quite understand (an undefined acronym), so this might be a bogus opinion... but i think it said that the Alberta education system is more efficient becuase students are scoring higher on standardized tests. I think that is the biggest load of crap the governement has ever produced. Alberta standardized tests are a joke.. they only test a students ability to understand the obvious... ie Jimmy the giraffe goes to school. What kind of animal is Jimmy? Ummm... i think he's a gopher. true story. The Globe was the paper that published an editorial about this not to long ago. Ontario standardized tests allow students to be creative and teach them to think analytically. But really, who needs to think? Then it continues to say how more students in alberta carry on to post secondary education... i'm curious to know the success rates and outcomes. I think i might have to write a letter to the editor, give 'em crap for only telling half the story. "We don't say everything that we should, so we can say later, well, you misunderstood"... anyone know what song that is?
Alors mes amies (so my friends), i figured i start with "so" too much... it's a very useful phrase indeed. someday, i'll publish the 'so' monologue, alhtough, i can't find it. I should remeber most of it by now. The so monologue was one of my best peices of writing during highschool. True story. i wonder how it would have fared on an Alberta standardized test? Might be worth looking into....
anyhoo, this is getting long, funny because i have a few more rants of the day i meant to publish.. but i'll work on them later, either that, or i'll forget. either one could be good.
over and out.... till we meet again...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer