Monday, February 02, 2004
In the red
So every once in a while a really good idea jumps into my head about what would make a funny blog. This morning, one of those 'surprised' me. Now, my first intention was, i should not write that in a blog... how distasteful is that. But it's funny, and it's kind of been bothering me all day. So i told my roomie, who nearly fell off of her seat laughing... and she said, you have to.... how can you not. So i'm a little nervous, i don't want to disgust, confuse, appall or traumatize any of my guy friends.... what will they think of me... i don't want to embarass myself or my friends. ...but women on the other hand, you will likely relate.

So this is it ladies and gentlemen, I'm taking a whole new step forward in the boldness department.... so if you're a male reader and get a little squeamish with women's personal issues.... i suggest you stop reading. Now.
Okay, I'm sure all women know what it is like to wake up and get a surprise from a monthly visitor. so this morning, i'm looking under the sink for a tampon. Happy Day, I think, i still have some Tampax compacts left (they're half the size, and still just like the regular tampons with applicators!) they're a very ingenious invention, you know. they fit in pockets and purses better, they're sneakier and more subtle. So i shove one in my pocket and that's when i notice... they have the most crinkliest packaging in the whole wide world. Like why not stick a big sign, or better still carry a string of them around my neck.... Geez louise. I mean, it's not like I'm not already feeling crappy enough as it is...I mean really, I already feel like i'm going to burst out of my pants and that some sort of alien has nestled itself in my lower back... and then my pocket has to scream 'that time of the month' too? What is with this? So as i had my trusty little friend in my pocket, it reminded me it was there... every time i moved. So i've been thinking, all day long. I'm gonna write Tampax and complain. i mean, they are quite possibly the largest tampon manufacturer in the whole wide world, you think they could get it together? Why did they put plastic wrappers on the compacts and not on the regulars? that's bothersome.
Anyhoo, that's the end of my little rant. If you're a male reader and you made it this far, congrats. If you're a woman, join me in the fight agaist evil tampon packaging! Anyhoo, i'm going to go crawl into my bed with a hot water bottle and not come out for a while...
later gators


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer