Monday, May 30, 2005
The Bald and the Beautiful
A challenge has gone out at work for people to shave their heads in aid of breast cancer research. I have always wanted to shave my head. I've been thinking about it, and I'm kind of thinking about doing it. Yep, I'm wondering should I shave my head?

I've always wanted to try it, and really, when a woman gets sick, and has to have the treatments, no one ever asks her if she wants to lose her hair, it just happens. So i would join those woman and support them, i have enough hair that they could make it into a wig. And i too, would be bald. So my friends, and loyal blog readers.... I'm asking for your advice. If you support me, tell me that, let me know what you want to sponsor me because this is all for charity. If you think it s a bad idea, tell me that too... talk me out of it.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your hair would make a nice wig!
Granted it is entirely possible that you might look weird... but just think... you would only be bald for a month or so... and someone else would have to do it for a lot longer if they didn't have a wig!
I don't know how long it takes to grow your hair out... my head has never been shaved... I'd be scared to do it, I know my head has corners!
If you did do it I would be very impressed and I'd have to contribute something towards the cause, for afterall if I am not brave enough to do it myself I'd have to do something to alleviate my conscience.
When I think about how afraid I am of cutting all my hair off it makes me scared to think about how awful it would be for someone who loses their hair involuntarily and how much a wig of awesome curly Tracy hair would mean to them!!!
I think that since you've thought about doing this before and it isn't just a spur of the moment decision you should do it if you can find the courage! If you do it I will forever regard you as a much better person than I will ever be!
Good Luck!

Blogger Christie said...

I so think you should do it! I can't think of a better reason, and it would grow back...it'd make a good story. I'd almost be upset if you didn't!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer