Thursday, November 03, 2005
My own two feet
I thought I’d try something a little different for a change.  I wanted to stand on my own two feet and find my own path.  No GPS, no compass, and only the occasional road sign.  This was a journey I’d be taking one day at time, step after step on a path of uncertainty.  I was okay with that.  It’s what I wanted.  It’s what works for me now.  But now, where am I now?

It was me who burned the bridge.  It was a conscious decision that took no heed from others.  And as I sit here nurturing my sorrow with hot chocolate and Frank Sinatra (My Way – how fitting) I can’t help but thinking about it.  Not on a small me scale, but in a ‘greater place in the world’ scale.

You see, there is one major flaw in my plan.  I’m a horrible decision maker.  I’m spontaneous which means committing myself to any inkling of a plan is a big blown entirely out of proportion event.  I used to have someone to talk through the trivial things with.  Then eventually, I would come to a decision which was inevitably tainted with expectations of others versus self indulgence.  I’d do what I felt I should do and I would stand firm in my own uncertainty.  Lately, I stand in 3 inch stiletto boots in the middle of uncertainty.  Careful folks, it’s a blustery day.

So tomorrow is the deadline I’ve set for myself to make the decision. Friday, 2 pm.   It’s not even an important decision to the rest of the world.  Like I said, trivial.  But who am I to undermine the world of limitless possibilities.  


For what is a man, what has he got?If not himself, then he has naught.To say the things, he truly feels,And not the words, of one who kneels.The record shows, I took the blows ---And did it my way
  Frank Sinatra – My Way


1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Whether or not to enter the craft showcase at the hospital.

Final decision: yes. i'll save you all the rollercoaster of the actual decsion making process

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer