Wednesday, January 25, 2006
X marks the spot
I usually make decisions based more on intuition as opposed to knowledge and fact.  So far, I have not suffered any adverse effects to this strategy.  I will admit, there has been some hindsight which has left me thinking “what the hell did you do that for”.  But for the most part, it’s been relatively recoverable losses.  

Yesterday, I knew I was going to vote.  However, until about 4 pm, I was planning on wasting my ballot. This year’s election campaign sent me for a loop. I was not impressed with the constant slandering of the other party.  I know that it is to be expected, but this year it seemed worse than ever.  

A funny thing happened on my way to the voting forum, about halfway there, a little voice inside my head said “I will not be happy if Stephen Harper wins”.  Funny that, here I am, uniformed about the greater issues and promises of the election (and what does that matter? They never stay true to those anyhow) and all of a sudden I know who I’m not voting for.  By the time I took the 10 minutes to walk to my polling station, and waited half an hour in line because I was not registered, I had decided not to waste my vote after all.  My ballot had only one X on it.

I’m told we’ll likely be having another election in 18 months time.  By then, I’m hoping enough to make a little bit more of an informed decision about who to vote for.  As for my thoughts on the results? I’m not too excited about Stephen Harper, I don’t trust him but at this point, I don’t have a choice.  And I’m happier that I actually put my two cents worth in.


1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I'm proud of you Tracy.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer