Monday, January 30, 2006
Giggling Girls
This Fish is right.  Not this, as in me, but this as in This Fish.  But there really is nothing like a good ol’ fashioned crush to pass the time.

My 45 minute cardio stint left me empty today.  There was nothing to think about, nothing on TV and certainly nothing the distract me from the dull aches and pains and the negative little voice in my head.  I had to do my best to tune into the Ipod, refrain from singing along while letting the bass from the speakers run through my sneakers.

I reverted to an analysis of my day up to the concise moment of thirty seconds earlier when I realized that I still had 15 minutes of jogging to go.  Run, Runaway.
So I relapsed to the standard array of things to day dream about – I’ll spare you the details.  I need some new material.  I’m bored out of my potential family tree.

Three hours later, I’m 200% restored. We are wise wise women, but tonight we are giggling girls.  Because when my friends are that happy, I am that happy.   I love living vicariously.  It’s all about her, but part of me feels like it is my own story.  After I left her, I was walking down the street singing quietly under my breath (but loudly in my head) and dancing in my head.  

And here I sit, imagining her happiness.  Grinning ear to ear at the potential of the unknown.  Eagerly anticipating the next update and carefully planning a strategic retelling of the story in front of all of their family and friends.

Her story is infusing my imagination with hope.  And let’s face it, sometimes, it’s more exciting and interesting to anticipate the lives of your friends.  

Go and get him girl, before he gets you (wink wink).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer