Saturday, February 18, 2006
Two eyes are better than Four
I really like glasses, but sometimes, my nose doesn't.

I have been known to collect fun and funky frames. But lately, I find myself removing my frames and freeing my nose at every possible opportunity. I realized it was time to join the rest of the adult and visually-impaired community. Contact lenses. They're for me!

I was told I have an astigmatism, and because of the way my eye doc described it, all I could think was of that little football shaped dude from the Family Guy (Stewie?). Nonetheless, all hope was not lost.

Today, after a drawn out effort, I succeed in putting in and removing my own lenses repeatedly. I'm not so fond of the poking of my own eye, but the novelty of seeing 100% all the time is making this entirely worth it. It feels strange not to reach for my glasses when I need to see the board at work, or even walk down the hall. But to tell you the truth, I'm going to like it.

Song of the day : I can see clearly now, my glasses are gone. I can see all obstacles in my way....


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gone are the dark clouds that had you blind....it's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day :D

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer