Thursday, April 27, 2006
Anti-aging devices
“I really like you with straight hair.  It makes you look so much younger.”

I squinted an eyebrow and laughed.  

“Thanks”, said with a little uncertainty and hesitation.

I couldn’t help but wonder what she meant by that.  Normally, I take comments at face value.  Today, I couldn’t help but wondering if I look older than I’m supposed to.  Kind of funny really, I’ve never really worried about it before.  

I know, just over a week ago, I had one more candle on my cake. I’m loving this stage in my life.  Older but wiser.  Too old to care, but too young to count.  But is life really downhill at 26?  I didn’t think so. But today, I’m starting to give it a little more thought.


1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Tracy, you will get lots of "compliments" from people that will make you shake your head. Some of them will be misguided attempts to make you feel good (but are based on their own ideas of what they think you would want to hear) and some of them will actually be backhanded compliments which are only to try and make them feel good about themselves. And some of them are just plain sincere. If you can't figure out which is which, who cares? Just say thanks.

The fact is, whether somebody thinks you look twenty, or thinks you look thirty... doesn't matter! Just as long as you're happy with yourself. Your life is your life and your friends are your friends and whatever *anyone* else thinks really doesn't matter!

Whew. Rant officially over.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer