Thursday, June 29, 2006
Apocalypse Now
I spent the better part of the day preparing for the apocalypse.  Then Greggory King informed me that the apocalypse is a revelation, not the end of the world.  So now, I’m not sure where I am.

It started this morning.

An inexplicable man landed against my 5th floor office window with a thud.  I was sitting at my desk minding my own business and hard at work when it happened.  A few minutes earlier, I thought I had seen a rope swing by.  But when I looked out of the window I could see no signs that it had actually happened.  I figured I just imagined it.  Then BOOM.  There he was.  He smiled and waved.  I was pretty sure he was the Grim Reaper.  Turned out he was actually a window washer.  At this point, closing the blinds just didn’t seem right.  So I went about my business, and thankfully, he was gone about a minute later.

All the way home, Eepod the Ipod had been skipping songs. This has been happening for two days.  I thought I would plug it in to my computer, and try to trouble shoot the problem.  After spending about an hour on the Ipod support website, and rebooting my computer about 15 times because it crashed every time I plugged in my Ipod, it became quite clear that this was the end for Eepod the Ipod.  May she rest in peace.

Now, while I was in the midst of trying to get Eepod up and running, the internet stopped working.  So I reset all the funny little black boxes numerous times, rebooting the computer numerous times, and finally admitted defeat.  

I then went to make a phonecall… but there was no dial tone.  I hung up, and tried again. And again, and again.  Eventually, I made the calls from my cell phone.

At this point, I’m feeling pretty cut off from the rest of the world.  No ipod, no phone, and no computer.  And if that doesn’t signal the beginning of the end of the world, I don’t know what does.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any day that starts out with men swinging from ropes and banging into your office window, you just *know* it's going to be an interesting one.

- Ross

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer