Wednesday, June 14, 2006
The Sound Of
The sound in her living room is much different than the sound in my living room.  So different, in fact, that I had to question it.

“Are those bird sounds real?”

She looked confused.  So was I.  I couldn’t remember the last time I heard birds chirping.  I thought she had switched to a nature sounds CD.

I live close to the corner of two main roads close to both Emergency rooms in the city.  At my house, you hear sirens and horns honking all day and all night.  You can always hear cars, and motorcycles. I have upstairs neighbors, and neighbors on the deck that’s by my window. Right now, I’m unintentionally eavesdropping on their conversation.

But at her house, you look out the window and see trees.  And if you sit in silence, you hear birds chirping.  And yes, they’re real.

I think this is a sign that I need to get out of the city a little more often.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer