Monday, September 25, 2006
I heart CB
Finally. And if I had realized what I was missing, I might not have waited so long.

I have just returned from my very first trip to Cape Breton. And all I can really think to say is 'wow'.

We drove up for a friend's wedding, and took the added opportunity of Sunday to do some driving since Megan and I had never been before.
We drove the Cabot trail and hiked the Skyline Trail at the Cape Breton Highlands National Park. We ooohed and ahhed at mountains, valleys, potential landslides, windy roads, steep hills, all of which collided with spectacular views of the Ocean.
I was about to add an image, but blogger doesn't seem to want to do that this evening.

We hiked. I learnt how to skip rocks. And trust me, by the time I figured it out, I
was overly ecstatic. We ate, we sang, we laughed, and we danced. Not necessarily in that order and certainly not all at the same time!

The only let down of the trip was the fact that we didn't see any moose, or any bears. I'm just glad we didn't encounter any on the hiking trail. It would have been nice to see them off in the distance though.

The drive was quite nice, and I'm gald I got to drive part of it. It's sad that I'm so excited that I got to drive over the Causeway. Almost as exciting as the first time I went over the bridge and got to throw my quarters in. Almost.

Now, in my caffeinated state (driving and coffee just seem to go together), i'm more awake than I'd like to be at this hour of the day. So I'm off to bed (Take two), and I will hopefully be able to post a picture or two tomorrow.

Until then, I'm just glad I got to have another maritime experience. Slowly, ever so slowly, we seem to be washing away the Upper Canadian part of me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer