Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Sign me up
The only reason I know it’s not entirely true is because at the end of the day, I can usually recollect the curious mishaps of the day.  Usually. Not always.

A few weeks ago, my water bottle went missing.  It was perplexing because this particular Nalgene bottle never leaves the house.  I carry around the house, but never outside of the house.  I  remembered that earlier in the day I had sliced some lemon, filled it with water and put it in the fridge.  The next time I went to find it, it was gone.  Not where I remembered leaving it.  I searched high and low but to no avail.  

Weeks later, or yesterday, Megan told me she found my Nalgene bottle.  It was under the cupboard with the baking supplies.  It was also all gross and mildewy.  Now, I know exactly where it is: the garbage.

These past few weeks have been super helter-skelter, even for me.  My cell phone turned up in the cutlery basket in the sink for the clean dishes.  The only reason I found it there was because the ringer was on and I could phone it.

I misplaced a fruit salad, in a Tupperware in the sink.  That one had me stumped for about a day and a half.  I found it when I went to wash the dishes.

For now, I think that’s it.  Sure, there are more random articles that turn up in odd and unusual places, but this seems to be the bulk of it.

And at the end of the day, all I can think is very early onset of Alzheimer’s.  Perhaps I’ll put myself on the waiting list for some quality nursing homes.


2 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Heeheeehahahaha :D

Blogger Christie said...

Solution! Just check the sink...or at least the kitchen! Since everything is getting lost in there, i would think there are kitchen gnomes causing trouble...your over- reacting again, you memory is fine!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer