Sunday, August 13, 2006
Hard Days Night
Fifteen minutes earlier than expected, the first of the day crew arrived. It was 6:45 am, and I couldn't have been happier to see a fresh morning face. It had been a long night at work.

She took one look at me and said "go home". I wasted no time.

The morning sun almost blinded me when i stepped outside. I knew I had left my sunglasses in the car, so I didn't think much of it.

The windows were foggy and wet with morning condensation, so the first thing I did when I got in the car was turn on the wipers and the defrost. I was on my way!

I took off my regular glasses, put them in their case, and put on my sunglasses. As I'm driving down the road, I can't figure out why the windows are still foggy, and why everything is blurry. The sun is still blinding but at least the glare is blocked.

I can see well enough to realize that nothing looks familiar. I've obviously made a wrong turn. I study the street signs and realize that I'm two blocks past where I actually need to be.

At this point, I realize that everything is foggy because I don't have my prescription glasses on anymore. I'm still on the wrong street. I make a couple of turns and finally I'm back on the right track.

Pleasantly surprised at my ability to problem solve, I arrive home. It's amazing how a 5 minute drive can feel like a five hour drive. And bed never felt so good.


1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

I am glad that you got home in one piece, now for you to find your way back to your other home. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer