Monday, August 28, 2006
Moving Day
I’m about to turn my computer off.  And when I do, I won’t be turning it back on for at least 5 days.  Well, unless our internet is hooked up sooner.  Tomorrow is the long awaited and anticipated moving day.

Looking around, this is no longer my apartment.  The bookshelf in front of me is bare except for a stack of Magazines to be recycled.  The hot pink curtains that used to hang on the wall are gone and were replaced by nothing.  The walls are bare, the dresser tops are cleared and everything is empty.  Boxes are piled high.

I wonder if we’ve left a mark on the apartment.  Do you really leave a little piece of you wherever you go?  I’ve left holes in the wall – failed attempts at hanging stuff.  I’m hoping the landlord won’t notice them.  Or else I’ll have to fill them.

I would like to leave a vibrant red wall in the kitchen.  But I think the landlord intends for us to paint it back to white before we leave.  It’s too bad, because if you ask me, it really adds to the place.  But tomorrow, it will not be my red wall.  Although, technically, it is my red wall until 1 pm on August 31.

And now, it is bed time.  We’re packed. We’re as clean as we can be until the movers come and take all of our stuff away.  It’s going to be a busy and long day tomorrow.  I’ll be back soon.  I promise.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer