Monday, October 30, 2006
Fall Back.... not Spring Forward
When Becky came home this afternoon, she reminded me that the clocks had gone back an hour. Little did she know, I had already changed the clocks.

I took note of the time and proceeded to get ready for work. The next time I looked at the clock, it told me it was 2:26 pm. I hurried the getting ready process. This is the time I should be leaving for work.

As I scrambled around the house looking for everything I needed for work – lunch, ipod, book. As I’m doing all this, I get something in my eye and my contact starts to burn, so I run into the bathroom and get that straightened out. Time is now 2:31 pm. At this point I know I don’t have enough time to walk to work. Especially not carrying the cake I plan on bringing to work. So I call the bus line to find out when the next bus is.

That’s when I realize – on some clocks it’s 2:31, on others it’s 1:31 and others the time isn’t set because there was a power outage when I woke up this morning.

By this point I’m utterly confused and terribly perplexed. I’m trying to figure out the best way to find out what time it is. So I do what any smart girl would do: I’d like to use a lifeline please. I think I’ll phone a friend.

Sure, they laughed at me. But I found out all of my rushing was in vain. It was only 1:30. I’m just glad I didn’t rush all the way to work. Imagine if I had rushed myself and shown up an hour early! Of course the day shift would have been glad to see me. Maybe next time change.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer