Thursday, October 12, 2006
Miss Matched
I am currently mismatched. Which is strange for me, because normally I would much prefer to be Miss Matched.

The trouble started with the usual planning of an outfit: the agenda of tomorrow.
It's an early start: I have to be at work at 7:00 am. I will work in two different departments and finish working at 2:00 pm. At 3:00 pm, i have plans to meet friends for drinks after work. Drinks are scheduled to turn into dinner. After dinner, at 7:00 pm I have to meet my cake decorating instructor so I can find out what i missed at last weeks class. I need to learn how to make Chrysanthemums out of icing. After my little lesson, I think I'm expected to continue with the festivities of the drink and dinner crew for some dancing. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure I will be up for it. Time will tell, and who am I to be unprepared.

When i started writing this post, I was in a cream coloured, boat necked ribbed sweater with 3/4 length sleeves. I was going to wear it with this really funky necklace and a pair of dark jeans. I went through the checklist: work - easy to work in, not too revealing and professional enough looking, drinks - it's a classic look, dinner - white, not so good usually but it's a cleanable fabric, cake deco - no problem , dancing -- too hot, too work, too stuffy.

Next outfit please: black sheer top, too dressy with jeans for work. It's Friday so i'm not wearing a skirt. Black polka dot top -- it's been done. Brown sheer -- wore that last week.

And then, I see it. It's lurking near the back of the closet. An impulse purchase. But it's bright red summons me. It's such a happy shirt. The little polka dots make me smile. With it's cute little drawstring tie at the bottom, and it's great button detail on the poufy sleeve I know I've found my busy Friday the 13th outfit. Paired with my fav jeans I'm good to go.

In fact, I'm so good to go that I'm dissapointed I don't have to be at work for another 7 hours and 53 minutes. I'm ready now. But on second thought, I have a long agenda for tomorrow. Maybe I should start with a solid night's sleep. But really, us fashionistas can never really rest- I'm already planning an outfit for Saturday.


1 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Ah ha! I knew that red polka dot shirt was a good purchase!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer