Monday, November 06, 2006
The Infamous Tracy Lowe Strikes Again
On Saturday I dropped by the new bead store around the corner.  A bead store is exciting enough, but they also carry belly dancing costumes – that’s super exciting.  The man who runs the store was telling me about bringing the stuff in from Egypt.  Given my half-Egyptian heritage, my interest in beads and my obsession with belly dancing costumes, we got into quite a lengthy conversation.  His wife arrived at the store and we also spent some time chatting.
Half an hour later I left the store to tackle Saturday morning errands and plans.

Twelve hours later, I went to work.  As soon as I got there, one of the physicians was anxious to tell me about the new store.  Thinking I knew where this is going I promptly replied, “I know! I was in there checking things out already”.  

She begged me to let her finish.  

She was looking at the costumes and telling them about her co-worker who just bought a costume and was showing it off at work.  She was telling them a bit about me, and they said that they thought they knew me.  The physician, attempting to humor them gave them my name.  They’re response: “Oh, Tracy! We know Tracy quite well.”  

The Infamous Tracy Lowe strikes again.

It’s nice to get to know the people in my ‘hood.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer