Thursday, August 25, 2005
I still feel small when I stand beside the ocean. I feel even smaller when I'm sitting on the ocean in a kayak.
The sky was not inviting. The wind was warm, but it was wind. And anyone who is trying to propel themselves anywhere with nothing but their own force know that wind is a little tricky somedays. Only one way, of course.
Lori and I shared a kayak. Two people means double the man power. It was better at times. Frustrating at others. I decided to go with the laissez-faire approach. Given that I'm not a good kayak driver, i relinquished all steering power to Lori in the back. Sometimes I liked not being in control. Other times, I wanted control.
It was a fun day. good company, good times, good adventure. I'd write more, but I'm so tried, and one of my arms is in danger of falling off. True story.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer