Monday, August 22, 2005
Overlap
I search your profile, for a translation, I'll study the converstaion, like a map. I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort where we overlap. (Ani Difranco -- Overlap)

"I'll walk you home" he said.
"that would be great, if you don't mind".
It was 11:30 and i was just putting on my shoes.
He put on his hat, while i picked up my backpack.
"Ready when you are".

He approached the doorway and I silently walked down the stairs. The sound of his footsteps echoed behind me. We walked down the street in silence. The pace was brisk but not uncomfortable. Conversation eventually turned to a minute amount of small talk. He was working through something, it was evident. Behind his eyes was a cloud so thick I couldn't help but wonder if he was partially responsible for the rain. He seemed distant, and a little out of sorts. The silence and the small talk didn't bother me. Normally, I would try to break this up. Tonight, I was happy to let it go. I too, had a lot on my mind and wanted to think things through.
The company was appreciated. The chivalrous action of making sure I got home safely was also appreciated. And sometimes, walking in silence isn't so bad after all.

I search your profile, for the translation, I'll study the conversation, like a map. I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort, where we overlap. So come here, stand in front of the light, stand still, let me see your silhouette. I hope you've got all night, because I"m not done looking yet. (Ani Difranco -- Overlap)


2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Powell said...

Hey I found your BLOG! You have quite a way with words. If I get some time later today I'll have to take a look at your previous entries.

Blogger Tracy said...

Woohoo! I'm glad you found it!.

Happy reading!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer